Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dan Shenk “Very Happy” About Latest Win

By KOTC Staff

Dan Shenk returned to action Friday night at King of the Cage Canada’s “Mile Zero” event in Dawson Creek, B.C., and after going approximately two years without fighting, the Prince George middleweight scored a first round, TKO win over Kris Miskenack.


“I am very happy with my performance,” said the 32 year-old veteran. “I worked on the high pick and the pass and high mount, so it all went to plan other than the first reverse (laughing); but definitely happy with this fight.”

The bout marked the first time Shenk has fought since April, 2009, when current UFC competitor Jesse Bongfeldt submitted him in the first round, following Shenk’s tap out wins over Dan Chambers and Jordan Boudreau in 2008. After being sidelined with injuries over the last couple of years, however, Shenk concedes that earning a win in his comeback bout was crucial.

“This fight was super important to me; Kris has a winning record and I need to get that on Sherdog as well ASAP,” said Shenk, who became the second man to defeat Miskenack in five professional fights. “So I will be looking to do that in the very near future, and look forward to fighting a lot this year as I make my way to title contention.”

Shenk’s latest victory comes nearly a decade after he made his pro MMA debut against UFC vet Dennis Hallman in July, 2001.