Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tim Hague No Longer “Mister Nice Guy”, “Come Watch The Fight And See What Happens”



When Tim Hague returns to King of the Cage Friday night in Edmonton, and takes on Jordan Tracey at “Earthquake”, the heavyweight says it will be a different man who steps in the cage. According to the 29 year-old Hague, who KO’d Craig Hudson in his last KOTC appearance, “The Thrashing Machine” has taken on a new mind set as he embarks on his eighth year of pro fighting.


“A bit of a change in attitude; I’ve always been mister nice guy,” said Hague, when asked if he has a message for fans and observers as his June 7th fight with Tracey nears. “It hasn’t found me a lot of upper echelon success. So, I’ve changed my attitude a little bit to look after myself a little bit more, and stop caring what others think about me so much. It’s gotten me a lot more haters, but like I said, I don’t really care. I’m just focused on my own success.”

“I want to do what’s best for myself and for the future of my son,” the Edmonton fighter and former KOTC Canadian champ added. “To make sure I have money to put food on the table for him and give him a good life.”

As Hague looks to record a comeback year, it’s not surprising to see that the UFC vet is returning to KOTC Canada, which is where nine of his fourteen pro wins have taken place.

“King of the Cage is great,” said Hague. “Ken’s (Kupsch) always been good to me, so I’m always proud to fight for him. I’m just happy to be back, and happy to have the opportunity to fight in Edmonton again, and put on a good show for all my friends and fans in my hometown.”


In order to record his 15th pro win, Hague will have to get through Tracey, who is a 27 year-old heavyweight who lives and trains out of Vancouver.

“In regards to Jordan, I don’t really know anything about him,” Hague noted about his opponent, who has scored wins over Dom Rodrigue, Ali Saif and Troy Wilton since turning pro in 2008. “I watched one of his fights on Youtube...and that’s all about I needed to see.”

Since Tracey hasn’t fought as much as Hague, and not on the international stage, the heavyweight likely knows more about Hague and his approach to fighting than vice versa.

“No, I don’t worry about it too much; I’m confident in the training I’ve put in,” said Hague. “It’s all on me. I take the responsibility for how I perform. I’m not too worried about anything other than that.”

“He just looks like a bigger kid; looks fairly strong,” added Hague, who credited Complete Fitness and Martial Arts, Team Toshido, Panther Gym, as well as KOTC vet Victor Valimaki for helping him get prepare for Tracey. “I don’t have much to say about him. Come watch the fight; you’ll see what happens.”

“Earthquake” will be hosted by Edmonton’s Mirage Banquet Hall on June 7th. Tickets for the show are available at the Wild West ShootingCentre.


www.goatpr.com